Water Heater Repair & Replacement in Santa Clarita
Ensuring Your Home Always Has Hot Water
One important plumbing appliance that people tend to forget about is their water heater. However, your water heater is a big part of your home, as it provides hot water for daily tasks such as taking a hot shower, running the dishwasher, or doing laundry. The average lifespan of a water heater is around 10 to 15 years, but sometimes the growing demand for hot water requires a replacement even earlier.
Here at Shellback Plumbing & Drain, we have a skilled team ready to handle all your water heater repair and installation needs. We are a veteran-owned company with a strong dedication to honesty and integrity. With our team, you can expect quality work at a great price—always.
Call (661) 367-8889 to schedule water heater repair in Santa Clarita!
Water Heater Repair in Santa Clarita
There are a lot of things that can go wrong with your water heater. As time passes and your system ages, parts wear out. Some parts are easy to replace, such as a broken heating element or an old electric coil, while others are a bit tougher. When your water heater stops working, give us a call and we’ll send our skilled water heater repair team out to take a look. We will quickly identify the problem and make any repairs that are needed.
Signs you need water heater repair:
- Water is leaking from your tank - eventually water heater tanks can begin to corrode, which will eventually lead to a leak from the tank. If you notice water pooling near your water heater or can visibly see water leaking from the tank, call for a repair service as soon as possible.
- No hot water is being produced - if your water heater isn't producing any hot water or even if the hot water doesn't last as long as it used to, you may be in need of a water heater repair service.
- Strange popping sounds - water heaters make a small amount of noise when they are running, but if you are hearing any noise out of the ordinary such as banging or popping there might be something wrong with your system. You should call for a repair to prevent further damage to your water heater or plumbing system.
- Cloudy or rust-colored water - minerals and sediment can build up inside the storage tank of your water heater. If you notice cloudy water coming out of your tap you likely need to schedule a water heater flush. If the water is rust-colored then you may have rust inside the storage tank, which will likely require a replacement.
Water Heater Replacements & Installations
Eventually a day will come when it will cost less to replace your water heater with an updated model rather than continue to replace old and worn out parts. At this point, we’ll walk you through everything involved in selecting a new water heater.
There are a lot of great water heaters to choose from, and we know the pros and cons of each. Two of the best options are traditional storage tank heaters and tankless water heaters.
The difference between tank and tankless water heaters:
- Storage tank water heaters - As the most popular type of water heater, you will see storage tank water heaters in many homes in Santa Clarita. These water heaters consist of a large storage tank (usually 30 – 50 gallons in size) that heats and stores water until it’s needed. Storage tank water heaters are great for small households with a set demand for water, but as your family grows and you start to need more hot water at once, you may experience issues. When the tank is emptied of hot water, you’ll need to wait for a certain recovery time while it reheats a new tank full of hot water.
- Tankless water heaters - As the name implies, tankless water heaters have no tank and instead heat water on demand. Using high-powered burners to quickly heat water when it is needed, a tankless water heater can provide your home with as much hot water as it needs for as long as you need it. And if you don’t need any hot water on a given day, none will be heated. Because of this feature, you only pay for the amount of hot water that you actually use (versus traditional storage tank water heaters that always have a full tank of water heated no matter if it’s needed.)
Once you have settled on a new water heater, our water heater installation team will take care of the rest. The entire installation can be completed in an afternoon, so there is really no reason to put it off.
Our Valencia plumbers happily offer free, in-person estimates for water heater installation in Santa Clarita. Contact us online today!
Uniformed & Professional Plumbers
For your safety, all our plumbers are uniformed and our trucks are wrapped with our logo.
Same-Day Appointments Available
We are able to accommodate same-day appointments most days - call our team to schedule yours.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
We stand behind our work and we are not satisfied until the job is well done.
We Offer Free Estimates
Get in touch with our team to schedule a free estimate for your plumbing repair or installation.
We are proudly veteran owned & operated, and provide discounts to veterans and members of the military.
Fair & Upfront Pricing
You'll know the price of the job before we get started.